Saturday, December 3, 2016

Jymie Darling's Demonology Treatise was Reviewed

My treatise was reviewed by a critic that is fair and harsh at the same time. I must be completely honest, I was worried when I saw that I was reviewed. Like I said he is a fair but very critical reviewer that has done hundreds of reviews. I was happy with the review though. Made my evening and this said, there is a larger book of Demonology coming out from me. Here is the link to the full review. 4 out of 5 stars. http://granovitch.blogspot.com/2016/11/introducing-demons.html?m=1 Here are some of the highlights: Local magician , Jymie Darling, has generated a small but very informational treatise on various types of demons that spans across several cultures and philosophies. Stating off with the ancient Sumerians she describes the demons that plagued our first society and then goes through the Judeo Christian , indian ,native american and finally Gnostic traditions. The information provided in this book is top notch. The book is not a how to but rather an excellent overview. I have no complaints about her knowledge or writing style, rather there are editing issues that I noticed occurred with the kindle edition. The biggest problem is that the photos and illustrations cover over the text in many places. This blots out lots of information. A major drag. Having known the author and conversed with her let me tell you she is supernaturally intelligent. I wish she would write a much longer book. In fact I wish this book was longer. In Sumerian mythos which carries into Assyrian and Babylonian demons. The first class of demons are the demons who are god like. In a sense they are gods and goddesses of evil. The second class of demons are those wandering spirits of the undead , who may be angry or vengeful. The last kind of demon are those that are half human half demon. There were also winged demons who could bring evil to people or guard against evil. The author warns that when working with demons it is important to use incantation that are specific to their home religion. In other words you cannot threaten a demon like Labartu, Sumerian demon with the name adonai or Jesus as he would not know who they are. Important of note is that demons and gods tend to evolve,especially as they go through different religion's. They will get different names and characteristic. Still! Context is important.

No comments:

Post a Comment