Sunday, September 18, 2016

Ouija Board....the Talking Board of Evil?

Ouija Boards, pretty and a wonderful tool or is it? Ouija Boards were invented in the long line of talking tables and Victorian fascination with the dead and the Spiritual Revival. There is no doubt that there is the 'other side'. There is no doubt that there is a wonderful part of the unknown that we have yet to completely understand. Tools keep evolving. Looks and presentation become a must. Hollywood jumps on board and we have a tool of evil. Fears are placed into our minds. I am going to be incredibly unpopular with this particular blog, but this is 20+ years of being in the Occult with 90% of it spent working in/owning an Occult Store. First and foremost, let me explain something about myself. I believe in the unknown. I do. I do not think that every bump in the night is a ghost or every ghost is a demon. In fact, I am a skeptic first. I try to resolve everything prior to having faith. I do not know why. It is my way. If you say you are psychic, I have zero trust in that until I see it and can preclude any other explanation for the event I saw. When you say you are 99% correct, I have to question your technique. IE...no reader should ask you a question prior to reading. That is a dead giveaway. They should never try to manipulate you out of information during the reading. That is also a dead giveaway. A true psychic and tarot reader can simply throw the cards and come up with details that they have no way of knowing. The rests are frauds or reading your face. Those that think that they expose frauds are usually hiding what they do not want you to ask of them. That is why I do not out anyone by name...just by description that includes the entire sect of the community. We have such a telephone book listing of 'psychics' and 'spell casters' that we have become a joke at this point. Ouija Boards are the same. I have heard all the myths, all the scary stories (even from my mom) but I wanted to look deeper into this. The Ouija. Oui-Ja (yes/yes). There are differing opinions on the board's powers and where they come from. Some say it is you. Ideosyncratic Response from the brain causing the answers to come from you. To answer the self. Or perhaps to make you the portal to which the board works. Some say it is actually the spirit world using the board as the portal. Perhaps the planchette is the portal. Let's break it down shall we? You focus all of your energy/energies into your finger tips. We know that the fingers are like a wand. After all, a wand as a magickal tool is nothing more than the extension of your fingers and an object in which to focus upon and direct. Your finger tips are placed on the planchette, not the board. So in essence, it is the planchette that becomes the portal, not the board. The board is a tool...a map for the planchette to travel to give you the answers you seek. So let's right here stop and realize, the board itself has NOTHING to do with this. It is the Planchette. Therefore, it is the tool to regard with respect and caution. Whew, glad to clear this up. planchettes Next the spirits that come through. Yes, all kinds can come through. I use to tell people do not give the board any power or fear. YOU are in charge of the portal. Remember? It is through your fingertips that the portal has the energy, thus the power, to open. It requires it to remain open. Can something escape? Well, this is sticky and a bit of a blurred area. I think that if you are fearful of that, you have allowed that to be an option. What do I mean? Well, I have never had anything escape any portal doing any experimental or actual ritual work. NONE. Even as a baby occultist. Why would I be so lucky? How can I be an exception? Easy. I am not. I was trained from the very get go to never practice if scared. I had to adhere to the holy trinity of law: No Fear, No Doubt, No Guilt. So if I thought for a moment that I was going to be scared of something happening, I either did not proceed with doing it or I took extra precautions to put my monkey mind at rest. Thus, I did not create the option for something to escape. I was in control and my rules were to be followed. You see, I HAVE the energy to create such a connection...meaning IT needed me to come through. That makes me the greater energy. As such, my house, my rules. Simple. I have never been questioned nor challenged in any situation, including exorcisms. No Fear. I have No Doubt in myself. And I do not do anything I would feel Guilt for. I have seen people release things into their houses. The first question is: Did you perform some evocation? Ritual? Ouija? Seance? Call forth ANYTHING? Followed immediately by: Were you scared? Did you have doubts in yourself? Did you allow yourself to be frightened? Lastly: Did you research what you doing first? Like more than Google? More than A book? Usually....those questions above are 95% of what went wrong. Next, the Ouija. It is cute. It is. I find it quaint and I find it amusing. I do not find it to be an authority nor absolute. I use to tell people: Using a Ouija Board to ask advice is like calling 7-11's payphone and asking whoever answered the phone all your spiritual questions and advice. You might get a Sage, you might get a Fool. Either way, you do not know which one you got. So, I give the advice that I gave to many over the last 20+ years.... Play with the Ouija but understand, it might not be truthful. If you are scared, go to a movie instead of playing with the Ouija. If you are doubtful of your ability to maintain control with just words but not scared, play the board inside a magickal circle that was cast with protection or a salt circle. If you are worried about how to close the board. Do not be. The board is not the portal. Focus on the planchette. Remove your fingers and dip in a bowl of salt water to disconnect yourself, thus taking the energy from the portal. Then, for good measure, either store the planchette in salt or simply cleanse it with the salt water you have. A story I liked to repeat at the end of the advice: A couple once were playing the Ouija. They had contacted a small boy who passed on as a child. They talked to him over many nights. Always being told that the spirit felt safe and comfortable with them. That the boy had a bond now with them. An affection. They enjoyed the boy and enjoyed their talks. All the talks of his childhood, his time frame, his interests. They shared theirs. One night, the woman asked the boy: "When did you die?" The planchette went to 1-8-9-2. The woman apologized if this was sensitive information. She had held off asking anything that might bring pain to the boy. The planchette went to No. She then asked when were you born, hoping to discover an exact age and zodiac. The planchette went to 1-9-0-5. Confused, the woman asked...:"You were born after you died?" The planchette went wild all over the board in panic and went silent. The boy never did return.